We serve students who are deaf or hard of hearing from age 3 to 21 enrolled in school programs. We provide services to students based on their IEP (Individualized Education Plan). Referrals for services must come from the local school district.
Each year, Hearing Intervention Services likes to bring students, interpreters and families together for an afternoon get-away. It is a time when everyone can relax and enjoy the day for social/cultural/lingual interaction in a comfortable environment. If you would like to know more about our field trips, please call (937) 236-9965.
Helpful Links and Other Resources
Below you will find a list of links that we have found helpful. We have included a brief description of each link to help you in your search. *
* The views and opinions expressed within these websites do not necessarily reflect those of the Miami Valley Regional Center or their employees.
· ODE - Ohio Department of Education; Gives information on news, events, and topics related to the education of children in Ohio schools. www.ode.state.oh.us
· ASDC - American Society for Deaf Children; http://www.deafchildren.org/
· Harris Communications - Offers products for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals. Products range from CD's and books to wireless pagers and assistive listening devices. http://www.harriscomm.com
· CSD - Community Services for the Deaf; Watch this space for a future website link!
· NIDCD - National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders; http://www.nidcd.nih.gov
· Beginnings - This is a nonprofit group based in North Carolina, but it has GREAT information! www.beginningssvcs.com
Families Like Yours
Communicating with others just like you is helpful for any parent. Hopefully, you will find this as a useful support/communication tool to keep you connected to others in your area. These are links to websites designed by families like yours!
Note: The views and opinions expressed within these websites do not necessarily reflect those of the Miami Valley Regional Center or their employees.
· Listen-Up Web - This GREAT website is maintained by a parent of a deaf child. If you are looking for a resource for working with your child, this is a great place to start! They also maintain a listserv for parents of deaf children. www.listen-up.org
· Hands and Voices - http://www.handsandvoices.org/
· Beginnings - This is a nonprofit group based in North Carolina, but it has GREAT information! https://www.beginningssvcs.com/