Providing support and coaching to increase student achievement through improving language and literacy outcomes for all students
Our mission is to support each district in Montgomery County to develop and implement a successful literacy framework for all grade levels, focusing on teacher capacity, MTSS, leadership, and parent and community involvement.
Our team strives to offer high-quality professional development on a range of topics that fall under the Science of Reading and dyslexia. In addition, we provide coaching on high-quality instructional materials, guidance and support for implementing best practices for all tiers of literacy instruction and intervention.
The members of our team are dyslexia certified through Wilson and Orton-Gillingham accreditation-plus pathways. This enables the team to work effectively with districts on understanding Ohio’s Plan to Raise Literacy Achievement in conjunction with ODE’s Dyslexia Guidebook, being in compliance with the guidebook and helping build capacity within districts for all aspects of dyslexia.
Our Services Include
- Facilitation of ODE K-3 and 4-12 Dyslexia Courses
- Facilitation of ODE Ohio Literacy Improvement Pathway
- Systematic district supports in compliance with Ohio’s Dyslexia Guidebook including, but not limited to, district literacy plans, parent/guardian communication, dyslexia screening, etc.
- HQIM consultations
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) alignment
- Coaching and support for teachers in all areas and grade levels of literacy
- Professional Development: on-site and off-site
- Book studies: synchronous and asynchronous
- Acadience Essentials and Data Interpretation Training
- Reading Tiered Fidelity Inventory (R-TFI) Facilitation
- Additional supports for both primary and adolescent literacy